Accommodation in Eastbourne
Let us help find the right accommodation for you
Accommodation in Eastbourne
Twin provides quality homestay and residential accommodation at affordable prices for thousands of international students each year. We place great emphasis on finding safe, clean and comfortable accommodation where you speak to English speaking hosts and fellow students.
When you study with us you will be able to select one of the following accommodation options:
- Residential in Eastbourne (for students aged 10-17)
- Other Accommodation (including self-catering, hostels and hotel)
Please see below for more information.
Homestay in Eastbourne
We know that safety, cleanliness and comfort in their accommodation is an important for a student making the transition to their new life in the UK.
Families are usually within 40 minutes travel time from school on foot or by public transport, and within an approximate distance of two miles. A weekly travel ticket for buses in Eastbourne costs £15.
Students that are aged under 18 stay with local host families.
Our Accommodation officer visits all our homestay providers regularly to make sure that they meet our own standards and comply with British Council guidelines.
All homestay conditions will abide by the list below:
- The maximum number of students in the house is four
- The house is clean and comfortable with adequate heating and lighting
- A comfortable bed and study facilities, with sufficient hanging and drawer space for your clothes
- Fresh bed linen and towels every week
- Access to washing facilities and bathrooms on a daily basis
- Laundry once a week
Extra Notes: Homestay for under 18s
- Students aged 17 and under can expect to share a room with another student
- The hosts treat the student like a member of the family, eating together and sharing the common living areas of the house together.
- Accommodation is full-board
- Students on an adult programme that are aged 16-17 may book half-board with parental consent.
- B&B accommodation is not a suitable option for 16-17 year-olds.
Extra Notes: Homestay for over 18s
- Students stay with host families and there may be four students in the house. The homestay conditions outlined above apply.
- They are given a single room unless they request to share with a friend in a twin room.
- Accommodation is generally half board (breakfast and dinner)
Residential in Eastbourne (for students aged 10-17)
Located on the first and top floors of the school building, as well as a stand alone building in the courtyard, this accommodation option allows young learners to make friends and sleep in the same building where Her Late Royal Highness, Queen Elizabeth II once stayed at. Most bedrooms have four or five beds, but we also have two very large rooms that have up to 12 beds. The bathroom facilities are shared. Group leaders will have single/twin rooms, and private bathrooms.
Students will also have access to washing facilities and bathrooms on a daily basis. Bathrooms are cleaned daily. Fresh linen will be provided, and changed weekly, but please bring your own towel. There are also onsite laundry facilities if students require it. This is coin operated, and must be used under supervision of a Twin member of staff or group leader. Our residence also boasts vending machines for cold drinks and snacks, a common room, sports hall, outside tennis courts and football pitch.
Students should remember to bring an adaptor (Europe to UK/Ireland) for all their electronic/charging needs.
Other Accommodation in Eastbourne
If you would prefer to stay in other accommodation, Twin is happy to advise on the options available, including self-catering, hotels and hostels. Please consult the school directly on +44(0)1323 725 887 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further details on fees, please follow the link: http://www.englishcentres.co.uk/fees